Monday, September 17, 2007

Really stranger than friction


Read an article in Times about the trial of Krystian Bala, a novelist of a macabre best seller, containing a story of a murder of which he was responsible for three years ago. He murdered a lover of his former wife. Apparently, the murder victim was tortured to death, presumably by asphyxiation and drowning, whereby a noose was tied around his neck and he was being thrown into a river. A similar account of the murder was written in a book published by Bala titled Amok.

Yet, this account of a crime involving a jealous lover was a poignant reminder to me. During my college days, I was mistaken by a jealous fellow as a boyfriend of a female friend who was my orientation group mate. Yes, I treated her as a friend, but no more than that. This guy actually claimed that I looked like a playboy and told a martial arts-trained friend of his to fix me. It happened that this martial arts trained friend of his was also my friend too. It was from the latter that I found out what happened.

Guess when one is in the deeper throes of passion does he lose his rationality.

Citations
Jail for author of ‘a perfect crime’

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2395523.ece

No comments: